Rebecca is a native Delawarean who is committed to promoting our democratic process. She believes in an open door policy and encourages her neighbors' comments and input.
Rebecca’s roots run deep in community service…..
As a parent, practicing nurse, and an educator, she takes pride in her community. She has been active in community service since the 1980's, and hopes to continue to serve in the State Legislature. She lives in Townsend with her husband Scott, a Desert Storm Veteran and member of the Fraternal Order of Police, and their children Brittney, Austin and Colin.
- Educated in Delaware schools and colleges
- Nursing Degree from Delaware Technical and Community College
- Bachelor's Degree from Wilmington College
- Masters of Nursing Degree from Wesley College
- Law Degree from Widener University School of Law
- Nurse Educator at Wesley College, where she lectures on clinical practice, health policy and nursing legal issues.
- Maintains a nursing practice in the Christiana Hospital Emergency Department, where she cares for trauma patients, works of the transport team, and cares for victims of abuse.
- Drafted, testified before the Senate and passed legislation to streamline healthcare discipline and protect our vulnerable citizens
- President of the Delaware Board of Nursing
- Educated nursing students in Nursing Law & Policy at Immaculata University
- Former volunteer fire service as a Firefighter/EMT
- Former EMS/Fire Safety Instructor
- Former law clerk for the Honorable Chief Justice Alex Smalls
- Member, International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Attorney and Member, American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- Volunteer Faculty, Widener Law School Trial Advocacy Program
- Experienced attorney, who focused on healthcare litigation
- Volunteer lecturer at local schools and healthcare facilities on safe patient care and healthcare litigation.
- Volunteer with the Appoquinimink River Shed Association
- Board Member of the Appoquinimink Boys and Girls Club
- Board Member of the Kristy Bingham Cerberal Palsy Foundation
- Member of the American Cancer Society
- Member of the American Legion Auxiliary
- Member of the American Association of University Women